Learning management systems enable organizations to create, track and deliver learning experiences for their learners.
They allow educators to manage all stages of learning.
Image credit: https://thepeakperformancecenter.com
With an LMS, companies can quickly scale up or down to meet their training needs, taking an online course platform from the ground up to a full-fledged learning ecosystem.
In this article, I will look at the top learning management system examples, going over their main features to help you choose the right LMS.
Here are the best learning management systems to consider.
TalentLMS provides a comprehensive training experience available on any device and comes with various features to help companies get started quickly.
It offers features such as course creation wizards, drag-and-drop editors, and integrations with popular tools.
Such tools include YouTube & Vimeo, support for SCORM & TinCan content formats, HTML support for customizing designs, and more.
With TalentLMS, businesses can customize their platform’s look and feel.
Teams can upload their logos, choose from several different themes, or create their custom theme by editing existing HTML templates.
They can also ensure content is provided in relevant languages by selecting from over 40 languages supported by TalentLMS, including French, Spanish, German, and Chinese.
In addition to these customization options, TalentLMS provides an ever-growing content library of pre-made programs.
These programs are explicitly designed around developing vital soft skills that will help people excel at work.
- Create courses easily and quickly, ensuring high-quality content
- Host live sessions with virtual classrooms
- Add tests, quizzes, and surveys to measure understanding
- Create custom roles and permissions for different users
- Keep learners on track with automated scheduling and notifications
Easy-to-understand reports and informative graphs help teams keep an eye on learners with ease.
TalentLMS offers the following pricing plans:
- Free: $0
- Starter: $69 / mo
- Basic: $149 / mo
- Plus: $279 / mo
- Premium: $459 /mo
- The system is stable and reliable, ensuring your training processes run smoothly.
- Updating content is easy, as is letting learners know when something new is available with integrated communication tools.
- You can’t change minor things, such as fonts. For some users, this can be a disadvantage.
- Automating employee training allows organizations to save time and resources.
Get started with TalentLMS.
2. iSpring Learn.
With iSpring Learn LMS, businesses can unlock their employees’ potential by providing them with an easily accessible professional development platform with everything they need to succeed.
iSpring Learn LMS sets itself apart from other collaborative learning management systems in several ways.
Firstly, it offers a wide range of content, such as 89000+ ready-made templates and images.
Additionally, this powerful LMS facilitates online and in-person experiences so businesses can create the best possible environment for success.
With iSpring Learn LMS, businesses can track their employee’s progress over time and receive detailed analytics about how successful each training session was.
The platform also provides valuable insights into employee performance which one can use to ensure everyone is meeting the company’s expectations.
- Create captivating courses that help you onboard better and faster
- Upskill your employees with engaging, interactive courses
- Measure your training ROI and track learner performance
- Automate repetitive tasks with intelligent automation tools
- Scale and transform your business with powerful integrations
The new admin portal makes it easier to manage the system.
You can view critical data, run reports, add events, and manage user accounts from the single dashboard.
iSpring Learn offers these pricing plans:
- 100 users: $3.66
- 300 users: $3.00
- 500 users: $2.82
- Custom: Contact them for a custom quote.
The above prices are per user per month, billed annually.
- No need to run after people to complete their courses as the system is automated.
- You can customize training dates based on learner availability.
- The authoring tool needs to work better with Mac-based computers.
- Flexible access to catalog courses allows users to take classes on the go in a much more accessible way.
Get started with iSpring Learn.
Loop is an advanced automation tool that makes it easy to manage complex learning processes without any manual effort.
It uses intelligent rule-based processing to automate recurring learning tasks like enrollment, onboarding, compliance training and certification, and training initiatives.
With Looop’s intelligent rule-based processing capabilities, you can reduce the burden associated with these activities while simultaneously optimizing their effectiveness.
You will also have access to comprehensive data related to each task to track progress in real-time and make adjustments if necessary.
With Loop, businesses can free up valuable resources for more impactful projects while ensuring consistency across all learning activities.
- Power up your learning content with Loop, allowing you to publish content without leaving the platform.
- Give employees, partners, and customers a personalized learning experience with Looop’s AI-driven personalization engine.
- Personalize your outbound content to send personalized emails to different learner groups.
- Use smart rules, conditions, and triggers to automate repetitive tasks and streamline learning processes.
Giving users a sequence of easy-to-watch videos, quizzes, and assignments makes the user experience seamless.
In terms of pricing, the system can accommodate anywhere between 50 to 500 users.
The pricing for this ranges based on the size of the user base, with discounts available for larger teams.
- Easy to customize based on brand guidelines.
- Adding assessments to the training sessions is straightforward, which helps to measure learning effectiveness.
- Some processes can complicate integrations with external tools.
VioletLMS is a revolutionary digital training platform changing how teams learn.
The main feature that sets VioletLMS apart from its competitors is its adaptability.
Its software allows users to create custom courses, manage their learner journey, and track learner progress while integrating with your existing system or technology stack.
VioletLMS also allows admins and learners to take advantage of the LMS features.
Admins can access a suite of tools designed specifically for them, including an intuitive user interface, course content management tools, and reporting capabilities.
On the learner side, they can view course progress at any time and receive notifications when new activities are available.
Plus, with 15+ languages supported by VioletLMS, anyone can join in on the advanced learning experience!
- Centralized and aligned training processes help companies streamline their learning and development efforts.
- Consolidated training information within a single system allows trainers to access data from all departments and make better decisions.
- Easy and effective management of training administration helps companies manage their learning resources more efficiently.
- Increased learner engagement encourages learners to stay engaged in the learning process.
The dashboard is well laid out and helps users quickly find their way around the platform.
The platform is also very intuitive, making it easy for learners to get started quickly and understand the process.
One can go for the Forever Free or Enterprise Plan based on their requirements.
As a potential user, you can request a quote for the Enterprise LMS plan, and the team will contact you to discuss your requirements.
- Easy to use and integrate with existing technology stacks
- Highly efficient and customer-oriented customer service
- Load speed can sometimes be faster as the interface can be clunky.
ProProfs is another platform offering a suite of tools to help you get the most out of your Learning Management System.
They offer quiz maker software that allows you to create engaging quizzes for your students.
Additionally, the ProProfs knowledge base software helps you organize all your course materials in one place.
This organization level helps students easily find what they need when they need it.
ProProfs’ survey maker tool gives insights into how your students feel about their experience with your LMS so that you can identify areas of improvement and tailor your training courses accordingly.
- The help desk feature allows customers to easily find and solve any issues they encounter with the LMS.
- The survey maker tool gives users insights into how their students feel about their experience
- Live chat allows customers to connect with support reps in real time and get help quickly.
- Qualaroo Insights provides users with data-driven insights into how their customers interact with their LMS
- BIGContacts CRM makes it easy for customers to manage contacts, automate follow-up tasks, and track progress.
Adding the right questions to ensure appropriate coverage of course material is easy and intuitive.
What I Like/Dislike About ProProfs
- The tool is perfect for creating various kinds of assessments
- The question bank has tons of questions to choose from.
- The editing interface can sometimes be slow.
- A new ProProfs Quiz Maker UI was recently released, making it easier for users to create quizzes that engage and challenge learners.
Forma LMS is a web-based application designed for companies and organizations that need to manage their digital training programs efficiently.
With its intuitive dashboard, users can quickly view data on the performance of their courses, track learner progress, generate custom reports, and more.
The modern design of Forma LMS makes it easy to use and navigate.
The system provides users powerful tools, such as creating quizzes, surveys, gamification activities, polls, and other interactive elements.
Such elements will engage learners and help them retain information better.
Advanced reporting capabilities allow users to quickly track learner progress and generate custom reports in minutes.
It is straightforward for managers to keep tabs on employee engagement levels and identify areas where improvement is needed.
- The responsive layout feature allows users to easily access their training materials from any device.
- Get total control over their courses with the ability to customize, manage and track learners’ progress.
- The automatic PDF certificates feature lets users quickly generate customized certificates for completing a course.
- Webinar creation tools help users create engaging live video and audio training sessions.
- Custom reporting capabilities enable users to analyze data, track the progress and performance of learners, and generate custom reports as needed.
You can get started with Forma LMS by downloading the application for free.
Educators can use Sakai as an open-source software platform as a comprehensive teaching and learning environment.
It includes features such as course creation, content management, collaboration tools, and communication tools.
With these features, educators can easily create engaging courses for their students and facilitate group projects or discussions.
Furthermore, because it is open source, anyone can contribute or modify the source code to customize their version of Sakai.
One of the reasons why Sakai stands out from other learning tools is its continual development process.
Sakai’s team is constantly improving its features to keep up with ever-evolving educational standards and technologies.
Users can expect new releases with bug fixes and new features every few months, which will help them stay ahead of the curve in delivering quality educational experiences for their students.
- Robust communication options such as group chat, private messaging, and multi-level discussions enable students to interact and collaborate with their educators.
- Easy integration with third-party applications allows users to use their tools for specific tasks.
- Excellent course creation features enable educators to create engaging courses quickly and easily.
There are two options for hosting your Sakai platform: cloud-hosted and self-hosted.
Cloud-hosted is the more cost-effective of the two as you can pay for what you use, whereas with self-hosted, you’ll need to invest in hardware and software costs upfront.
Other learning management system examples not mentioned in this article include Docebo, Google Classroom, Microsoft LMS365, Blackboard Learn, Moodle, and Schoology.
Top learning management systems are platforms that help train specific groups of people.
These platforms are becoming increasingly popular as businesses, educational institutions, and other organizations seek ways to make learning more engaging and efficient.
An LMS can be a software application or a web-based technology used to create, deliver, manage, track, and report online training programs.
Here are some key features of a Learning Management System.
In higher education, learning management systems have become increasingly popular due to their ability to host learning materials, track learning improvements and assign learning paths.
As such, one of the top learning management system features is a content authoring tool.
Finding an LMS that supports content creation and modern distance learning standards is essential.
An LMS should facilitate employee training or offer educational materials to clients.
Courses are some of the best ways to get this done.
When creating courses, the chosen tool should be user-friendly and offer ways to create courses quickly and easily.
The chosen LMS should also be user-friendly, have powerful analytics capabilities, and offer video conferencing integration to help with its course creation modules.
For students to fully maximize the elearning materials, assessments, tests, and simulations should be available.
Utilizing the right LMS allows one to administer, track and assess employee or student progress in learning activities and projects.
Among the most popular assessment systems are those that focus on mobile learning, allowing students access to course material on their device of choice.
Learning management systems should offer user-friendly templates and tools for efficient user management.
Admins can manage users with the help of roles and permissions, so there is clarity about who has access to what type of content.
Educators can create courses from different types of digital media, such as audio, video, images, and text files.
A great LMS also offers virtual classroom capabilities by allowing users to conduct classes online in real-time or through pre-recorded sessions.
Creating simulations and interactive activities can also get the best of both classroom and online learning.
An all-in-one learning management system should have powerful integration capabilities with existing backend applications via an API.
Useres can integrate with existing enterprise applications, providing a seamless user experience across multiple platforms.
As a result of this, blended learning can occur.
Instructors can create online courses and track student progress using the LMS data.
A good LMS should have certificate-based course management for customer training programs and other certification initiatives.
For companies looking for the best learning management system, retention tools such as quizzes, tests, and surveys are must-have functionality in any LMS software.
These features help educators evaluate students’ understanding of the course material while motivating them to complete their learning objectives.
Many organizations realize the growing mobile-dependent population, with mobile app usage increasing daily.
As a result of students using their mobile devices for learning, it becomes necessary for all LMSs to be mobile-compatible and accessible.
To get the most from your LMS platform, it is essential to ensure that it supports mobile compatibility.
Integrations with popular learning management systems have made gamifying the learning process easier.
Gamification features make the learning experience more immersive and engaging by allowing learners to track and compare their progress to others.
Many LMSs are now offering this feature as part of their product suite.
Learning management systems are increasingly becoming cloud-based, enabling multiple users to access and share content.
The modern learning platform enables the creation of an online community for students and instructors by integrating social media networks.
They facilitate online courses with discussion boards and chat, enabling collaboration amongst learners from across the globe in real-time.
One can add plugins such as analytics dashboards to measure campaign engagement levels or success rates to get the most out of your Learning Management System.
With an innovative approach to Software as a Service (SaaS), cloud-based LMSs can capture real-time data.
Such data allows users to track and compare students’ progress within their courses.
Let’s now look at the top uses of a Learning Management System.
Ecommerce businesses looking to share data and resources with their customers can benefit from an LMS.
This web-based platform allows businesses to create online courses, host webinars, and manage training content.
Whether educating clients on how to use their products or teaching employees new processes and procedures, an LMS can help businesses stay organized and efficient.
Educational institutions such as universities, colleges, and schools use LMSs to create and deliver online courses.
Educators can access powerful tools for course management, assessment tracking, grade book creation, and more through an LMS platform.
Government agencies often need to manage a large quantity of educational content efficiently.
By integrating SCORM-compliant content, agencies can ensure that their online courses are accessible and compliant with industry standards.
For many non-profits, open-source learning management systems are the ideal LMS solution for affordable educational delivery.
These solutions offer features such as course building, testing, and results tracking while also being cost-effective.
Choosing the right LMS for your organization or institution is essential to ensure that you have the capabilities to deliver when selling online courses.
When selecting an LMS, consider factors such as ease of use, cost-effectiveness, scalability, and integration of SCORM-compliant content.
By making the right choice with an LMS, organizations can make great strides in enhancing their educational offerings and improving student performance.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Here are a few other LMS reviews you might want to consider: